SEO Internship Areas of Focus
- Learn what goes into the crafting and implementation of search engine optimization strategies
- Participate in client conference calls. Take notes, extract action items from the conversation, and assist the Project Manager in translating those action items into tasks in the project management system
- Learn various technical aspects of SEO, such as:
- How to perform technical audits on websites according to our highly-detailed instructions/specifications, by using both tools like Screaming Frog and Google Search Console, as well as manual spot-checking of source code
- How to use Google Analytics on a basic level, and exposure to advanced GA concepts such as: data accuracy, filters, views, custom segments, cross domain tracking
- Learn various content aspects of SEO, such as:
- Keyword research
- On-site improvements in site structure, internal linking, and information architecture
- Discovery of organic competitors and evaluation of their content as it relates to SEO
- Keyword-optimization of content
- The importance of on-page optimization such as page titles, meta descriptions, image alt tags, etc.
- How to track the progress of implementation of content plans, including writing of blog articles, generation of new website copy, and re-optimization of existing website copy
- Learn various off-page aspects of SEO, such as:
- Evaluation of inbound link profiles to look for link building opportunities.
- White hat link acquisition strategies
- How to find and alert clients of media/PR opportunities
- Submission/distribution of press releases using online sties and media outreach lists
- The relationship between social media and SEO
- The value of sponsored content campaigns and how to deploy them
- Learn various local SEO concepts, such as:
- Google My Business
- NAP citations
- Tools like Moz Local and Yext
- Learn various SEO analysis concepts, such as:
- Assessing current levels of SEO performance to act as a measure for progress going forward
- Compiling and analyzing monthly report data on traffic & rankings
- Monitoring of traffic on client accounts, looking for any unusual patterns/changes
Requirements & Helpful Skills:
- Must be able to work daily or almost daily during normal business hours in our office in Denville NJ
- Strong thirst for learning, including a genuine interest in search engine optimization
- VERY good spelling and grammar skills and high level of attention to detail
- Professional and positive demeanor
- At least 1 college-level digital marketing class completed (i.e. SEO, PPC, social media, email marketing, online advertising, e-commerce, or general digital marketing course)
- At least 1 college-level general marketing class completed (i.e. marketing strategy, marketing basics, any general 101-level marketing class)
- Tech-savvy and able to learn new software and technologies quickly
- Helpful Skills (not required, but would be nice):
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Intermediate level working knowledge of Excel (can write formulas, create graphs, apply filters, etc.)
- Knowledge of the WordPress CMS
- In-depth work experience in a busy and highly specialized SEO agency.
- An opportunity to see if SEO is the right career for you, and to try out various aspects of SEO work to see which you may excel at.
- Gain satisfaction from and recognition for having a direct impact on client deliverables.
- Spend time with a fun and friendly team that has a thirst for collaborative learning and a passion for the craft.
Internship Fine Print
- This internship, even though it includes actual operation of the tasks of the business, will consist of training similar to that which would be given in an educational environment.
- This internship experience is for the benefit of the intern, to provide them with training, education, and actual work experience.
- An intern is not an employee nor independent contractor, and does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff. An intern is a trainee who is volunteering their time in exchange for valuable industry experience.
- Pam Ann Marketing LLC understands that taking on an intern derives no immediate advantage for the company from the activities of the intern; and on occasion company operations may actually be impeded by the presence of the intern. We are willing to undertake this potential burden because of our strong believe in giving intelligent and passionate young people their first chance at obtaining valuable work experience in our field. This is the value we provide to the intern in place of the monetary compensation that a formal employee would get.
- The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship, but we are very much open to exploring that possibility.
To be considered, forward your resume by email to careers at pamannmarketing dot com along with details about your availability to work in our office during the late spring and/or summer of 2016. To validate your attention to detail, include the word dragonfly in the subject line of the email.
About Pam Ann Marketing
Pam Ann Marketing, LLC provides internet marketing consulting, services, and training to small and medium businesses, very often “business-to-business” organizations, across all industries.
Our MBA-crafted integrated marketing strategies set us far apart from agencies that provide “random acts of marketing.” We do not “throw stuff out there to see what sticks.” We help clients define and optimize their unique “online sales funnel,” and align different marketing tactics to guide website visitors down that funnel until they convert into leads and sales.
We place a laser-tight focus on keeping up with the latest trends in internet marketing, especially with regard to the incredibly rapidly-changing science of SEO (search engine optimization).
Our customized approaches and commitment to staying ahead of the curve provide our clients not only with additional website traffic, but with actual increases in revenue, profits, and efficiency.