The Administrative and Marketing Assistant position exists in our organization to handle traditional daily administrative tasks, such as phone answering, appointment scheduling, mail processing, email management, light bookkeeping, data entry, and sales & marketing-related tasks. In general, the goal of this role is to relieve the business owner and other staff of as many administrative tasks as possible.
This person also plays the role of assistant to the Project Manager. This involves, in whatever capacity the Project Manager instructs, helping keep 40+ fast-paced, very complex search engine optimization (SEO) and internet marketing projects moving ahead smoothly and on time. For example, this can involve compiling and/or sending reports to clients, scheduling project conference calls, following up with clients to collect required information, or any other task that the Project Manager assigns to help keep a project moving forward.
This employee is expected to bring new levels of efficiency to the organization, so that additional projects and clients can be taken on without the need for additional resources.
This role does have great potential for advancement in one of several different directions. Since this is a broad role that lightly touches many functional areas such as marketing, accounting, sales, project management, and even technical work like SEO and PPC analysis – the person in this role could ultimately evolve into a more focused position in any one of those areas depending upon strengths displayed and performance achieved.
This is on site position in Denville, NJ. The job can be either part time or full time depending upon how many marketing-related responsibilities the applicant could fulfill in addition to administrative tasks.
Administrative Job Responsibilities
- Lessen the workload and burden of administrative tasks directed toward the business owner and other team members
- Accept delegated tasks to assist the team to focus on critical areas of the business without interruption
- Handle day-to-day work processes, such as answering phones, reviewing voicemails, returning calls, answering emails, sending faxes, scheduling appointments, getting the mail, going to the bank, basic bookkeeping tasks, electronic filing, data entry, updating the company’s website and marketing materials, and other tasks as assigned
- Assist in any necessary capacity, at the instruction of the Project Manager, to increase response time to clients, prospects, and strategic partners and keep projects moving along without delay
- Provide support to the sales process by assisting with pre-qualification of prospects, proposal and contract generation, and prospect follow up
- Learn the decision making, thought process, and preferences of the business owner and Project Manager in order to respond to needs and act for them as needed in the best interest of the company
- Document and/or updating the company’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Contribute to the improvement of the SOPs by consistently thinking “outside the box” and suggesting better, more efficient ways to execute business operations
- Establish a sense of confidence that matters are being handled
- Maintain an ongoing task list with priorities and follow up status, provide follow up on outstanding items
- Organize each day to maximize efficiency and productivity, with a focus on prioritizing the most pressing needs
- Build a rapport with customers, team members, and colleagues in order to facilitate communication and teamwork
- Become an integral part of the organization
Marketing-Related Job Responsibilities
- Occasionally attend networking opportunities if requested
- Assist with the execution of the company and its clients’ social media marketing efforts
- Assemble and distribute email marketing newsletters/announcements
- Other digital marketing-related tasks as skills allow
Personality requirements for the position:
- INCREDIBLY detail oriented
- Highly organized, disciplined, driven and energetic. Always thoroughly prepared.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, cheerleader-type personality
- Steady, efficient, productive
- Excellent listener & communicator
- Accurate, Precise, Analytical, Problem Solver
- Personable, Respectful, Tactful
- Ethical, honest, reliable, dedicated
- Able to think on your feet
- Intellectually curious, Critical thinker, Fact-finder, Thirst for learning
- Able to admit mistakes.
- Willing to ask when you don’t understand, Forthright in admitting when you are having difficulty
- Able to think on your feet and shift gears easily, adaptable to change
- Patient, Remain calm under pressure, Appropriate sense of urgency
- Plays by the rules but thinks outside the box and consistently makes suggestions for improvement
- Paid training
- Some flexibility in work schedule
To be considered, forward your resume by email to careers at pamannmarketing dot com along with desired pay level and a short blurb on which of our company’s core values you identify with the most and why. To validate your attention to detail, include the word dragonfly in the subject line of the email.
About Pam Ann Marketing
Pam Ann Marketing, LLC provides internet marketing consulting, services, and training to small and medium businesses, very often “business-to-business” organizations, across all industries.
Our MBA-crafted integrated marketing strategies set us far apart from agencies that provide “random acts of marketing.” We do not “throw stuff out there to see what sticks.” We help clients define and optimize their unique “online sales funnel,” and align different marketing tactics to guide website visitors down that funnel until they convert into leads and sales.
We place a laser-tight focus on keeping up with the latest trends in internet marketing, especially with regard to the incredibly rapidly-changing science of SEO (search engine optimization).
Our customized approaches and commitment to staying ahead of the curve provide our clients not only with additional website traffic, but with actual increases in revenue, profits, and efficiency.