Why this position exists in our organization:
The Project Coordinator / Administrative Assistant position exists in our organization to concurrently keep 35+ fast-paced, very complex search engine optimization (SEO) and internet marketing projects moving ahead smoothly and on time, and to relieve the business owner of as many administrative tasks as possible.
This individual will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day progress of projects, ensuring that nothing “falls through the cracks”.
This person also plays the role of client liaison and account manager, ensuring that clients receive prompt and constant communication about their project.
This employee is expected to bring new levels of efficiency to the organization, so that additional projects and clients can be taken on without the need for additional resources.
This is also a fairly typical Administrative Assistant role, which encompasses traditional administrative tasks, such as phone answering, light bookkeeping, data entry, and marketing-related tasks.
Why this is a rewarding role:
This role is a crucial one, that if done properly, will:
- Make clients feel cared for, through excellent communication
- Get clients better results, via thorough attention to detail
- Keep the business owner and team members organized and stress-free, by ensuring that no task “falls through the cracks”
- Directly contribute to the growth of the organization, through increased efficiency and capacity to take on more projects and clients.
The right individual, who consistently contributes to these great outcomes, will not only enjoy the personal satisfaction that naturally occurs by producing such results, but will also be rewarded with increases in compensation that are reflective of the increases in client satisfaction, company revenue, and stress relief that they have brought to the organization.
Additionally, anyone with an interest in internet marketing, specifically search engine optimization and pay-per-click advertising, will learn a great deal about the industry through osmosis as they lead these projects. If desired, direct participation in this type of project work could be considered if desired.
This is a full time, on site position in Sparta, NJ – with potential for some tasks to be completed via telecommute after the probationary period.
Compensation starts at a very fair going market rate and will increase as noted above.
Project-Related Job Responsibilities
- Set up new clients in the project management system: Translating the accepted proposal into task lists, establishing deadlines for those tasks according to the overall project schedule, assigning those tasks to the appropriate team members, and entering/linking in supporting account information into the project file
- Assist in breaking down each month’s workload into manageable goals for each week, taking into consideration each team member’s role and workload
- Attend and help facilitate weekly internal team meetings, breaking down the week’s work into manageable goals for each day
- Maintain goals and deadlines by providing reminders to appropriate team members, and facilitating the collection of whatever supporting information or answered questions they need to complete the task at hand
- Assist with project quality control by reviewing team members’ submitted work, proofreading it, and comparing it to the requirements of the task and the principles of the business
- Attend company meetings and conference calls, shadowing the business owner and team members to take notes, extract action items from the conversation, and translate those action items into tasks in the project management system
- Provide weekly project status updates to clients, schedule client meetings/calls, and act as an account manager to service the client as needed
- Establish a sense of confidence, both internally and externally, that projects are being managed effectively and thoughtfully
- Persistently (yet kindly) follow up with clients regarding supporting information that the team needs from them in order to complete tasks on time
- Continuously maintain, monitor and update tracking systems so status of all projects and pending obligations can be immediately ascertained.
- Alert the team members and business owner to potential project delays or quality issues
- Assist in creation of monthly client written project status reports, and ensure that any action items from prior monthly reports are completed on time
- Significantly contribute to the ongoing continuous improvement of the organization’s project management processes
Administrative Job Responsibilities
- Lessen the workload and burden of tasks directed toward the business owner
- Accept delegated tasks to assist the business owner to focus on critical areas of the business without interruption
- Handle day-to-day work processes, such as answering phones, reviewing voicemails, returning calls, answering emails, sending faxes, scheduling appointments, getting the mail, going to the bank, basic bookkeeping tasks, electronic filing, data entry, CRM setup and management, updating the company’s website and marketing materials, and other tasks as assigned
- Assist in any necessary capacity in order to increase response time to clients, prospects, and strategic partners and keep operations moving along without delay
- Provide support to the sales process by assisting with pre-qualification of prospects, proposal and contract generation, and prospect follow up
- Learn the decision making, thought process, and preferences of the business owner in order to respond to needs and act for them as needed in the best interest of the company
- Document and/or updating the company’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Contribute to the improvement of the SOPs by consistently thinking “outside the box” and suggesting better, more efficient ways to execute business operations
- Establish a sense of confidence that matters are being handled
- Maintain an ongoing task list with priorities and follow up status, provide follow up on outstanding items
- Organize each day to maximize efficiency and productivity, with a focus on prioritizing the most pressing needs
- Build a rapport with customers, team members, and colleagues in order to facilitate communication and teamwork
- Become an integral part of the organization
Marketing-Related Job Responsibilities
- Occasionally attend networking opportunities if requested
- Assist with the execution of the company and its clients’ social media marketing efforts, including posting and replying on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google+. Increase connections and followers on each.
- Run paid content promotion campaigns via Facebook boosted posts, LinkedIn sponsored updates, StumbleUpon Paid Discovery, Outbrain, etc.
- Assemble and distribute email marketing newsletters/announcements
Personality requirements for the position:
- INCREDIBLY detail oriented
- Highly organized, disciplined, driven and energetic. Always thoroughly prepared.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, cheerleader-type personality
- Steady, efficient, productive
- Excellent listener & communicator
- Accurate, Precise, Analytical, Problem Solver
- Personable, Respectful, Tactful
- Ethical, honest, reliable, dedicated
- Able to think on your feet
- Intellectually curious, Critical thinker, Fact-finder, Thirst for learning
- Able to admit mistakes.
- Willing to ask when you don’t understand, Forthright in admitting when you are having difficulty
- Able to think on your feet and shift gears easily, adaptable to change
- Patient, Remain calm under pressure, Appropriate sense of urgency
- Plays by the rules but thinks outside the box and consistently makes suggestions for improvement
Behavioral Expectations for the position:
- Demonstrate respect and care for the company’s reputation as it is our biggest asset
- Demonstrate an exquisite level of attention to detail. Pay close attention to directions. Ask for assistance if you don’t understand. Be persistent in asking questions until you have enough understanding of the task to be able to work efficiently.
- Always strive to provide exceptional customer service
- Have a “do what it takes” attitude and go the extra mile
- Maintain consistency in your work and approach to the job
- Laugh & Learn: Come to work to have fun and do something interesting each day
- Be accountable for your actions and responsibilities. Speak up if your workload reaches a level that will inhibit your ability to meet of deadlines or other expectations.
- When mistakes are made, admit and own up to your role in what went wrong. Briefly assess why the mistake occurred, but quickly switch focus to moving forward with solutions rather than endless analysis of what transpired
- Be a team player by supporting co-workers and pitching in for the good of the company
- Demonstrate understanding of, and base all decisions and actions on, the company’s mission, vision, and values statements. Additionally, we have internal principles that are to be adhered to at all times as well. These may change from time to time, so check the document periodically.
- Deadlines are expected to be met, barring significant unforeseen circumstances. If it appears that a deadline is at risk of not being met, as much advanced notice as possible should be provided.
- Act professionally at all times
- Dress professionally when requested. Jeans are fine for most days in the office, but if a client or prospect is coming in, you may be requested to adhere to a business casual dress code.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and customers
- Check email and messages regularly and respond to time sensitive messages quickly
- Respond via personal cell phone during and (on a limited, as needed basis) outside of work hours
- Provide self-transportation to the office, job site, events, and training
- Maintain a consistent and timely work schedule
- Develop a cursory knowledge of services provided by the company
- Become familiar with our customers, competition, and supporters by research and relationship building
- Identify and pursue opportunities to benefit the company
- Be open-minded and eager to learn new skills and ways of doing things
- Act as an ambassador of the company at all times
To be considered, forward your resume by email to careers at pamannmarketing dot com along with desired pay level and a short blurb on which of our company’s core values you identify with the most and why. To validate your attention to detail, include the word dragonfly in the subject line of the email.
About Pam Ann Marketing
Pam Ann Marketing, LLC provides internet marketing consulting, services, and training to small and medium businesses, very often “business-to-business” organizations, across all industries.
Our MBA-crafted integrated marketing strategies set us far apart from agencies that provide “random acts of marketing.” We do not “throw stuff out there to see what sticks.” We help clients define and optimize their unique “online sales funnel,” and align different marketing tactics to guide website visitors down that funnel until they convert into leads and sales.
We place a laser-tight focus on keeping up with the latest trends in internet marketing, especially with regard to the incredibly rapidly-changing science of SEO (search engine optimization).
Our customized approaches and commitment to staying ahead of the curve provide our clients not only with additional website traffic, but with actual increases in revenue, profits, and efficiency.