Why this position exists in our organization:
The full time Senior SEO Strategist position exists in our organization to contribute a high level of expertise to SEO projects and influence the success of SEO campaigns. This role is a crucial one in the organization as SEO is our primary service offering and what we are known best for. The person in this role will take information gathered by Junior SEO Analysts and use it to create effective SEO strategies that will attract the client’s desired target audience and convert them to leads or paying customers. This person will also be responsible for continuously improving campaigns on a monthly basis by analyzing results and gathering client input to do more of what works and less of what doesn’t.
This is a remote / virtual / telecommute position. Candidates must reside in the United States.
- Play a primary role in the crafting and implementation of search engine optimization strategies
- Discover organic competitors, use your expertise to analyze why those competitors are being successful, and determine what our client could do to mimic that
- Learn the decision making, thought process, and preferences of the business owner in order to craft SEO strategies that align with her beliefs
- Review monthly report data on traffic & rankings, analyze the results, document observations, and make recommendations for adjustments in strategy
- Review results with clients and obtain their input on strategy shifts
- Answer client questions as needed. Participate in and/or lead client conference calls. Take notes, extract action items from the conversation, and translate those action items into tasks in the project management system
- Provide support to the sales process by assisting with qualification of prospects
- Assist with project quality control by reviewing other SEO team members’ submitted work, proofreading it, and comparing it to the requirements of the task and the principles of the business
- Assist with the training of Junior SEO Analysts
- Establish a sense of confidence that matters are being handled
- Participate in weekly team project meetings and other strategic meetings as requested
- Maintain an ongoing task list with priorities and follow up status, consistently and persistently follow up on outstanding items
- Organize each day to maximize efficiency and productivity, with a focus on prioritizing the most pressing needs
- Build a rapport with customers, team members, and colleagues in order to facilitate communication and teamwork
- Document and/or update the company’s Standard Operating Procedures as they pertain to search engine optimization
- Contribute to the improvement of the SOPs by consistently thinking “outside the box” and suggesting better, more efficient ways to execute business operations and provide higher quality output to clients
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the latest trends in the industry. Make recommendations for how to adapt business practices to stay current.
- Work towards becoming a very integral part of the organization
- Accept other delegated tasks as assigned
- (If desired) contribute to the company blog, instruct at educational events such as webinars, establish a position as a thought leader in the industry
- Review technical audits generated by Junior SEO Analysts. Prioritize technical issues and make recommendations for the most effective solutions
- Identify areas for on-site improvements in site structure, internal linking, and information architecture
- Create recommendations for how to handle advanced technical issues: complex Schema implementations, challenging canonicalization issues, etc.
- Evaluate organic competitors’ content
- Craft content strategy in line with IA plans
- Review keyword research generated by Junior SEO Analysts
- Strategically assign key phrases to pages and articles
- Review meta data generated by Junior SEO Analysts and make recommendations for enhancement to make it more effective
- Evaluate organic competitors’ link profiles
- Craft white-hat link building strategies specific to each clients’ business and industry
- Help improve business practices related to influencer targeting
Local & International SEO
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in local/regional and international SEO. Use that knowledge to enhance business practices related to these areas of SEO
- Help strategize solutions for clients that have significant citation inconsistency issues
- Paid training
- Some flexibility in work schedule
- Fully remote / telecommute position
- Potential to grow into an extremely crucial role within the organization, and (if desired) become a public-facing influencer in the industry on behalf of the company
- Gain satisfaction from and recognition for having a direct impact on client results.
- Be part of a fun and friendly team that has a thirst for collaborative learning and a passion for the craft.
Skills Requirements for the position
- At least 5 years of experience working in the field of search engine optimization
- A strong commitment to white-hat ethics and following Google’s Webmaster Guidelines
- Meticulously up-to-date on the latest developments in the industry
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of SEO, such as how semantic markup and canonicalization of content affect performance
- Strong grasp on content marketing best practices
- Experience implementing effective white-hat link building strategies
- Intermediate level working knowledge of Excel (can write formulas, create graphs, apply filters, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics (certification required), including the ability to effectively create and use Advanced Segments and Custom Reports, and diagnose data issues
- Ability to use data to figure out provable reasons for changes in performance
- Knowledge of the WordPress CMS (basic working knowledge required, advanced knowledge of theme structure and code a plus)
- Working knowledge of several other SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Moz, Raven, BrightLocal, WhiteSpark, Analytics SEO etc.
- A degree or certification related to marketing, mathematics and/or statistics not required, but certainly a plus
Personality Requirements for the position
- NEAR PERFECT spelling and grammar skills
- INCREDIBLY detail-oriented
- Reliable, Always completes work on time
- Extremely Analytical, Intellectually curious, Critical thinker\
- Ethical, Honest
- Creative problem-solver, Able to “think on your feet”
- Thorough, Precise, Accurate
- Focused, Dedicated
- Fact-finder, Thirst for learning
- Enthusiastic, Positive attitude, Friendly, Respectful, Excellent listener, Tactful
- Able to take chances and admit mistakes
- Willing to ask when you don’t understand
- Forthright in admitting when you are having difficulty
- Remain calm under pressure
- Adaptability to change, Able to shift gears easily
- Appropriate sense of urgency
- Highly resourceful – able to locate documents and information with little to no direction
- Plays by the rules
To be considered, forward your resume by email to careers at pamannmarketing dot com along with desired pay level and a short blurb on which of our company’s core values you identify with the most and why. To validate your attention to detail, include the word dragonfly in the subject line of the email.
About Pam Ann Marketing
Pam Ann Marketing, LLC provides internet marketing consulting, services, and training to small and medium businesses, very often “business-to-business” organizations, across all industries.
Our MBA-crafted integrated marketing strategies set us far apart from agencies that provide “random acts of marketing.” We do not “throw stuff out there to see what sticks.” We help clients define and optimize their unique “online sales funnel,” and align different marketing tactics to guide website visitors down that funnel until they convert into leads and sales.
We place a laser-tight focus on keeping up with the latest trends in internet marketing, especially with regard to the incredibly rapidly-changing science of SEO (search engine optimization).
Our customized approaches and commitment to staying ahead of the curve provide our clients not only with additional website traffic, but with actual increases in revenue, profits, and efficiency.