Project Manager (a.k.a. “Client Success Strategist”)
This position is OPEN as of June 19, 2023
Why this position exists in our organization:
This position exists in our organization to concurrently keep 45+ fast-paced, very complex search engine optimization (SEO) and internet marketing projects moving ahead smoothly and on time, and to relieve the business owner of as many operations tasks as possible.
This individual will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day progress of projects, ensuring that nothing “falls through the cracks”. This person also plays the role of client liaison and account manager, ensuring that clients receive prompt and constant communication about their projects.
This employee is expected to bring new levels of efficiency to the organization so that additional projects and clients can be taken on without the need for additional resources.
Why this is a rewarding role:
This role is a crucial one, that if done properly, will:
- Make clients feel cared for, through excellent communication
- Get clients better results, via thorough attention to detail
- Keep the business owner and team members organized and stress-free, by ensuring that no task “falls through the cracks”
- Directly contribute to the organization’s growth through increased efficiency and capacity to take on more projects and clients.
The right individual, who consistently contributes to these outcomes, will not only enjoy the personal satisfaction that naturally occurs by producing such results, but will also be rewarded with increases in compensation that are reflective of the increases in client satisfaction, company revenue, and stress relief that they have brought to the organization.
Additionally, anyone with interest in internet marketing, specifically search engine optimization and pay-per-click advertising, will learn a great deal about the industry through osmosis as they lead these projects. If desired, direct participation in this type of project work could be considered if desired.
This is a fully remote / virtual / telecommute position.
Compensation starts at a very fair going market rate and will increase as noted above.
“Client Success Strategist” is an intentionally broad title that essentially means doing whatever is necessary to help us be the best we can be for our clients. This role requires being involved in a little bit of everything, from sales to project management to customer service/problem-solving and strategic input – all with a singular focus on delivering the best possible results to our clients.
General Responsibilities for All Positions
- Learn the decision-making, thought process, and preferences of the business owner in order to respond to needs and act for them as needed in the best interest of the company
- Play a supporting role in the crafting and implementation of SEO, PPC, Analytics, and WordPress strategies
- Participate in and/or lead client conference calls. Take notes, extract action items from the conversation, and translate those action items into tasks in the project management system
- Accept other delegated tasks as assigned
- Work towards becoming an integral part of the organization
Client Success Responsibilities
- Act as a client advocate, consistently putting yourself in their shoes and making suggestions to the team about how we can do even better for each client
- Ensure that the strategies produced by the team are executed without delay. Suggest creative approaches to any potential roadblocks that would hinder the timely implementation of strategies
- Lead conference calls to present strategies and review performance with clients
- Help both clients and the team understand the process so that they can know how to prioritize tasks and requests.
- Work to ensure both client satisfaction and team satisfaction by clearing up confusion, over-communicating, actively listening and observing to identify points of frustration, and following up to ensure the resolution of negative emotions. Be proactively empathetic.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day progress of projects, ensuring that nothing “falls through the cracks”
- Continuously maintain, monitor, and update tracking systems so the status of all projects and pending obligations can be immediately ascertained
- Play the role of client liaison and account manager, ensuring that clients receive prompt and constant communication about their project
- Build a rapport with customers, team members, and colleagues in order to facilitate communication and teamwork
- Establish a sense of confidence that matters are being handled
- Bring new levels of efficiency to the organization so that additional projects and clients can be taken on without the need for additional resources.
- Document and/or update the company’s Standard Operating Procedures, and contribute to the improvement of the SOPs by consistently thinking “outside the box” and suggesting better, more efficient ways to execute business operations and provide higher-quality output to clients
- Lessen the workload of the business owner by helping to delegate and monitor tasks to appropriate team members by effectively communicating assignments and ensuring completion of the same.
- Participate in weekly team project meetings and other strategic meetings as requested
- Maintain an ongoing task list with priorities and follow-up status, consistently and persistently follow up on outstanding items
- Organize each day to maximize efficiency and productivity, with a focus on prioritizing the most pressing needs
- Assist in any necessary capacity in order to increase response time to clients, prospects, and strategic partners and keep operations moving along without delay
Skills & Experience requirements:
- Experience with Teamwork project management software
- Several years experience as a project manager in an agency environment for a company that offered SEO and/or PPC and/or website development services
- Several years experience managing 45+ projects concurrently
- Working knowledge of SEO, PPC, and website development
- MUST be comfortable with and capable of detailed and accurate time tracking
- Tech-savvy and able to learn new software and technologies quickly. Adept at using Google Apps (Drive, Docs, etc.).
Personality requirements for the position:
- INCREDIBLY detail-oriented
- Highly organized, disciplined, driven, and energetic. Always thoroughly prepared.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, cheerleader-type personality
- Steady, efficient, productive
- Excellent listener & communicator
- Accurate, Precise, Analytical, Problem Solver
- Personable, Respectful, Tactful
- Ethical, honest, reliable, dedicated
- Able to think on your feet
- Intellectually curious, Critical thinker, Fact-finder, Thirst for learning
- Able to admit mistakes.
- Willing to ask when you don’t understand, Forthright in admitting when you are having difficulty
- Able to think on your feet and shift gears easily, adaptable to change
- Patient, Remain calm under pressure, Appropriate sense of urgency
- Plays by the rules but thinks outside the box and consistently makes suggestions for improvement
To be considered, forward your resume by email to careers at pamannmarketing dot com along with desired pay level and a short blurb on which of our company’s core values you identify with the most and why. To validate your attention to detail, include the word “Hawk” in the subject line of the email.
About Pam Ann Marketing
Pam Ann Marketing, LLC provides internet marketing consulting, services, and training to small and medium businesses, very often “business-to-business” organizations, across all industries.
Our MBA-crafted integrated marketing strategies set us far apart from agencies that provide “random acts of marketing.” We do not “throw stuff out there to see what sticks.” We help clients define and optimize their unique “online sales funnel,” and align different marketing tactics to guide website visitors down that funnel until they convert into leads and sales.
We place a laser-tight focus on keeping up with the latest trends in internet marketing, especially with regard to the incredibly rapidly changing science of SEO (search engine optimization).
Our customized approaches and commitment to staying ahead of the curve provide our clients not only with additional website traffic, but with actual increases in revenue, profits, and efficiency.Act as a client advocate, consistently putting yourself in their shoes and making suggestions to the team about how we can do even better for each client
Ensure that the strategies produced by the team are executed without delay. Suggest creative approaches to any potential roadblocks that would hinder the timely implementation of strategies
Lead conference calls to present strategies and review performance with clients