Virtual/Remote SEO & WordPress Job Openings – Multiple positions available
Updated 3/7/22: This is an opportunity for immediate hire of one or more employees, either 1 full-time or multiple part-time people, depending upon skill set.
Why these positions exist in our organization:
- Various positions exist in our organization to expertly execute on work for our clients through the following responsibilities.
- We are willing to bring on individual specialists for each of the below positions and/or have a single specialist cover multiple positions.
- We wish to use each person’s unique skill set in the smartest way possible and do not expect a single specialist to meet ALL of the following requirements.
- When applying, please indicate which position or positions you feel you are best suited for and whether you desire part or full-time employment (both are available). See additional details below for how to apply.
- Play a supporting role in the crafting and implementation of search engine optimization (SEO) and WordPress development strategies
- Learn the decision making, thought process, and preferences of the business owner in order to respond to needs and act for them as needed in the best interest of the company
- Participate in and/or lead client conference calls. Take notes, extract action items from the conversation, and translate those action items into tasks in the project management system
- Accept other delegated tasks as assigned
- Perform keyword research, build lists of targeted key phrases, and assign key phrases to pages and articles. Revise keyword research after client reviews to ensure that all terms reflect the objective of their business & target audiences.
- Identify areas for on-site improvements in site structure, internal linking, and information architecture. Craft content strategies accordingly.
- Proofread content for keyword optimization per our guidelines
- Apply on-page optimization by uploading new content and filling out page titles, meta descriptions, image alt tags, etc.
- Track the progress of implementation of content plans, including writing of blog articles, generation of new website copy, and re-optimization of existing website copy
- Perform technical audits on websites according to our highly-detailed instructions/specifications, by using both tools like Screaming Frog and manual spot-checking of source code
- Help craft “to-do” lists (technical strategy plans) for fixing items found on the technical audits and provide guidance on prioritization of which will be the most impactful and/or easy to implement
- Implement technical SEO optimizations such as Schema markup and AMP on WordPress websites
- Provide guidance to web developers on implementation of technical strategies
- Set up/verify Search Console access
- Assist with implementation of conversion tracking for both SEO and PPC clients
- Monitor our clients’ sites over time to ensure that technical optimizations remain intact
- Lead conference calls to present technical strategies and review technical performance with clients
- Use landing page builders to occasionally create landing pages for the PPC department
- Google Analytics tasks such as: Audit accounts for data accuracy, apply filters, create views, create custom segments, implement cross domain tracking
- Document current situation baseline for new clients, assessing current levels of SEO performance to act as a measure for progress going forward
- Compile monthly report data on traffic & rankings, analyze the results by providing well-researched theories for changes. Provide recommendations for responding to changes where warranted
- Monitor traffic on client accounts, alert SEO team to any unusual patterns and provide theories on potential causes
- Assist with client relations as it pertains to SEO. Field client questions as received and communicate in other ways as needed in order to maintain and strengthen the relationships with each client
- Act as a client advocate, consistently putting yourself in their shoes and making suggestions to the SEO team about how we can do even better for each client
- Ensure that the strategies produced by the SEO team are executed upon without delay. Suggest creative approaches to any potential roadblocks that would hinder the timely implementation of strategies created when onboarding a new client
- Assist with the new client acquisition process by prequalifying prospects
- Develop new WordPress themes and plugins per provided specifications and feature requests
- Implement technical SEO optimizations (such as AMP and Schema markup) both via plugins and via manual code edits
- Write clean, readable, well-commented code
- At least 2 Years of experience with web development in WordPress
- Working knowledge of WordPress database structure, MySQL, and tools like phpMyAdmin
- Strong English-language communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Prior experience with remote work and working for a small agency
- MUST, MUST, MUST be comfortable with and capable of detailed and accurate time tracking
- Intermediate level working knowledge of Excel (can write formulas, create graphs, apply filters, etc.)
- Ability to use data to figure out provable reasons for changes in performance
- Knowledge of the WordPress CMS (basic working knowledge required, advanced knowledge of theme structure and code a plus)
- Intermediate working knowledge of Google Analytics (certification a plus), including the ability to effectively create and use Advanced Segments and Custom Reports
- Tech-savvy and able to learn new software and technologies quickly. Adept at using Google Apps (Drive, Docs, etc.).
- INCREDIBLY detail-oriented, thorough, places a high value on preciseness and accuracy
- STRONG critical thinking skills, natural fact-finder, able to back up all opinions with solid logical explanations and data
- DEEP sense of accountability to do what’s right for the client
- Extremely analytical, loves problem solving, intellectually curious, loves learning
- Good listener, personable, respectful, patient, ethical/honest
- Dedicated, reliable, and organized
- Focused, yet also able to think on your feet and shift gears easily if needed
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Willing to ask when you don’t understand, yet also able to take chances
- Forthright in admitting when you are having difficulty or have made a mistake
- Ability to remain calm and respectful under pressure
- Likes structure, but also adaptable to change
- Appropriate sense of urgency
- Highly resourceful – able to locate documents and information with little to no direction
- Plays by the rules, yet willing to question them if they don’t make sense
- Demonstrate respect and care for the company’s reputation as it is our biggest asset
- Demonstrate an exquisite level of attention to detail
- Adhere to the company’s SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), but do provide feedback on them if you believe there’s a better way to do something.
- Always strive to provide exceptional customer service
- Have a “do what it takes” attitude and go the extra mile
- Maintain consistency in your work and approach to the job
- Laugh & Learn: Come to work to have fun and do something interesting each day
- Be accountable for your actions and responsibilities
- Focus on solutions rather than problems
- When mistakes are made, simply let us know right away, and suggest a solution for correcting it. We appreciate and encourage that approach, as opposed to hiding or covering things up.
- Be a team player by supporting co-workers and pitching in for the good of the company
- The company’s mission, vision, and values statements are to be used as the guiding principles for all decision-making. Additionally, we have internal principles that are to be adhered to at all times as well. These may change from time to time, so check the documents periodically.
- Deadlines are expected to be met, barring significant unforeseen circumstances. If it appears that a deadline is at risk of not being met, as much advance notice as possible should be provided.
- Act professionally at all times
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service and communication skills both written & verbal, including excellent phone manner
- Check email and messages regularly and respond to time-sensitive messages quickly. Respond to all email messages, even if just to confirm receipt, within 24 hours (or next working day if applicable).
- Respond via personal cell phone during and (on a limited, as-needed basis) outside of work hours
- Maintain a consistent and timely work schedule
- Develop a cursory knowledge of services provided by the company
- Become familiar with our customers, competition, and supporters by research and relationship building
- Identify and pursue opportunities to benefit the company
- Be open-minded and eager to learn new skills and ways of doing things
- Proactively seek feedback on your work to take it to the next level
- Act as an ambassador of the company at all times
- Team members and leaders alike are expected to communicate about any issue that has the potential to inhibit a consistent peaceful frame of mind and confident decision-making.
- It is expected that team members will address issues directly with the team leader in a respectful, calm manner, and vice versa.
- Both parties are expected to acknowledge their understanding of the viewpoint and feelings of the other before responding.
- The goal of the response should be to reach a compromise that will be mutually-beneficial between the parties, and especially to the benefit of the client.
- Whenever possible, communication about issues should be done face-to-face (or virtually via video conference), with secondary preference being phone communication.
- Written communication should be avoided for the purpose of addressing issues, but following up on the conversation by confirming the understanding of the outcome in an email is encouraged.
- Remote team members are expected to have reliable high-speed internet connections and clear, reliable phone connections for participating in team and client calls and web meetings without voice or video interruptions.
- Remote team members use their own phone and computer equipment, but software licenses for required industry-specific programs such as Screaming Frog will be provided by the company.
- All team members are expected to log all working time, in real-time, on the associated task in the Teamwork project management system.
- Remote team members are also expected to log into HubStaff while working. HubStaff is a program that takes incremental screenshots, performs URL monitoring, and collects active/dormant statistics. Time worked is not payable unless logged in Hubstaff, or a similar productivity monitoring software should the company decide to switch to a different platform for this in the future.
- Vacation/Personal/Sick Time (“Time Off”)
- This is a temp position that does not include paid time off. If a permanent position is offered, PTO will be negotiated as part of that offer.
- Time for personal appointments/tasks
- Employees are expected to handle personal matters on their own time. However, there is flexibility in our work schedule and if employees need to handle personal things on rare occasions, they can make up that time by working extra hours outside of regular business hours (with approval)
- Payroll is issued on a biweekly basis (every other week)
- Payroll is provided via direct deposit
To be considered, forward your resume by email to careers at pamannmarketing dot com along with desired pay level and a short blurb on which of our company’s core values you identify with the most and why. To validate your attention to detail, include the word “mindful” in the subject line of the email.
About Pam Ann Marketing
Pam Ann Marketing, LLC provides SEO, PPC, analytics, and WordPress consulting, services, and training to small and medium businesses, very often “business-to-business” organizations, across all industries.