*updates reflect changes to Facebook Pages analytics and advertising options
Developing a formal Facebook marketing plan has many benefits. A marketing plan ensures clear, consistent brand messaging, helps avoid social media blunders, and provides a way to measure success. Facebook marketing plan templates are hard to come by on the web, and the ones that are out there aren’t necessarily comprehensive.
Facebook Marketing Plan Template – Summary
The following is a summary of the comprehensive Facebook marketing plan template that I have developed, available for download below. The full document is 12 pages long and contains approximately 1,900 words that will guide you through the process of developing a professional, thorough, and comprehensive Facebook marketing plan.
The Facebook marketing plan template consists of 3 major sections:
- Current Situation Analysis
- Strategic Facebook Marketing Plan
- Reporting, Measurement, and Continuous Improvement
Current Situation Analysis
This section of the Facebook marketing plan template highlights the following:
- Goals, Strengths, and Weaknesses
Provides a high-level summary of the brand’s existing Facebook presence
- Current Facebook Situation
Statistics on the current activity level and engagement on the page, as well as a competitive analysis
Strategic Facebook Marketing Plan
This section of the template covers:
- Brand Message
- Posting Frequency
- Post Content, Mix, and Ratios
- Tactics to Increase Brand Awareness
- Tactics to Increase Fan Engagement
- Harvesting Competitive Intelligence
- Facebook Advertising
The full template contains explanations, suggestions, and examples for each of the above.
Reporting, Measurement, and Continuous Improvement
This section of the Facebook marketing plan template details what metrics will be measured, what the goals for those metrics are, and how often they will be reported on. Metrics covered in the template are:
- Total Number of Fans
- Overall Engagement Rate
- Other Page-Level Metrics
- Other Post-Level Metrics
- Google Analytics Metrics
- Advertising Metrics
Download the Facebook Marketing Plan Template
To download the full 12-page Facebook marketing plan template in Microsoft Word format, complete the following form. If you do not wish to be contacted after downloading the template, simply uncheck the checkbox. Need another format? Contact me and let me know what you need.
You may also be interested in the LinkedIn Marketing Plan Template.
Latest posts by Pam Aungst (see all)
- 16 Tips for Forensic SEO Audit Success [Checklist] - September 16, 2019
- Is Your Web Developer Spoofing Your PageSpeed Insights Score? - November 29, 2018
- A Walkthrough (and Critique) of the New URL Inspection Tool in Search Console - June 26, 2018