Candidates that can work full-time, on-site in Denville, NJ are preferred, but we will also accept applications for part-time and/or remote/telecommute.
Why these positions exist in our organization:
- Various SEO Analyst positions exist in our organization to expertly execute on work for our clients through the following responsibilities.
- We are willing to bring on individual analysts for each of the below positions and/or have a single analyst cover multiple positions.
- We wish to use each person’s unique skill set in the smartest way possible and do not expect a single analyst to meet ALL of the following requirements.
- When applying, please indicate which position or positions you feel you are best suited for, and whether you desire part or full time employment (both are available). See additional details below for how to apply.
General Responsibilities for All Positions
- Play a supporting role in the crafting and implementation of search engine optimization strategies
- Provide support to the sales process by assisting with pre-qualification of prospects and pre-sale discovery audits
- Learn the decision making, thought process, and preferences of the business owner in order to respond to needs and act for them as needed in the best interest of the company
- Participate in and/or lead client conference calls. Take notes, extract action items from the conversation, and assist the Project Manager in translating those action items into tasks in the project management system
- Assist with project quality control by reviewing other SEO team members’ submitted work, proofreading it, and comparing it to the requirements of the task and the principles of the business
- Accept other delegated tasks as assigned
- Perform technical audits on websites according to our highly-detailed instructions/specifications, by using both tools like Screaming Frog and manual spot-checking of source code
- Help craft “to-do” lists (technical strategy plans) for fixing items found on the technical audits and provide guidance on prioritization of which will be the most impactful and/or easy to implement.
- Provide guidance to web developers on implementation of technical changes
- Google Analytics tasks such as: Audit accounts for data accuracy, apply filters, create views, create custom segments, implement cross domain tracking
- Set up/verify Search Console access
- Perform keyword research, build lists of targeted key phrases, and assign key phrases to pages and articles. Revise keyword research after client reviews to ensure that all terms reflect the objective of their business & target audiences.
- Identify areas for on-site improvements in site structure, internal linking, and information architecture. Craft content strategies accordingly.
- Discover organic competitors and evaluate their content as it relates to SEO
- Proofread content for keyword optimization per our specs
- Apply on-page optimization by uploading new content and filling out page titles, meta descriptions, image alt tags, etc.
- Track the progress of implementation of content plans, including writing of blog articles, generation of new website copy, and re-optimization of existing website copy
Link Building & Social Analyst
- Discover organic competitors and evaluate their inbound link profiles to look for link building opportunities. Evaluate quality of each opportunity and make recommendations for how the client might acquire placement on those sites.
- Craft white hat link acquisition strategies that are tightly integrated with content and social media strategies
- Monitor HARO queries on a daily basis, alert clients to media opportunities
- Perform outreach efforts and directly acquire links where possible, after internal and client approval of the link target. Track progress of link acquisition efforts.
- Submit/distribute press releases. Create and maintain media outreach lists for each client/industry.
- Set up and monitor social bookmarking tools for each client
- For select clients, light social media posting tasks
- Deploy boosted/sponsored content campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, Outbrain, etc.
- Optional: Contribute to our own company’s social media efforts
Local SEO Analyst
- Optimize Google My Business listings
- Assess NAP citation profile, evaluate for completeness and accuracy
- Citation submission & correction efforts, both manually and through tools like Moz Local and Yext
- Work with clients on phone verifications
- Closely track citation building and correction progress
SEO Performance Analyst
- Document current situation baseline for new clients, assessing current levels of SEO performance to act as a measure for progress going forward
- Compile monthly report data on traffic & rankings, analyze the results by providing well-researched theories for changes. Provide recommendations for responding to changes where warranted.
- Monitor traffic on client accounts, alert SEO team to any unusual patterns and provide theories on potential causes
SEO Account Executive
- Assist with client relations as it pertains to SEO. Field client questions as received and communicate in other ways as needed in order to maintain and strengthen the relationships with each client
- Act as a client advocate, consistently putting yourself in their shoes and making suggestions to the SEO team about how we can do even better for each client
- Ensure that the strategies produced by the SEO team are executed upon without delay. Suggest creative approaches to any potential roadblocks that would hinder the timely implementation of strategies created when onboarding a new client
- Assist with the new client acquisition process by prequalifying prospects
Skills Requirements for all positions:
- A comprehensive understanding of how search engines work
- At least 2 years experience working in the field of search engine optimization
- Knowledge of which ranking techniques are permissible by Google’s Webmaster Guidelines and which are not
- Proven track record of making effective SEO recommendations that are purely white-hat
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of SEO, such as how semantic markup and canonicalization of content affect performance
- Understanding of the aspects of local SEO such as NAP citations, local content, reviews, etc.
- Intermediate level working knowledge of Excel (can write formulas, create graphs, apply filters, etc.)
- Ability to use data to figure out provable reasons for changes in performance
- Knowledge of the WordPress CMS (basic working knowledge required, advanced knowledge of theme structure and code a plus)
- Intermediate working knowledge of Google Analytics (certification a plus), including the ability to effectively create and use Advanced Segments and Custom Reports
- Working knowledge of several other SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Moz, Raven, BrightLocal, WhiteSpark, etc.
- Solid understanding of the relationship between social media and SEO
- Knowledge of YouTube/video optimization a plus
- Tech-savvy and able to learn new software and technologies quickly. Adept at using Google Apps (Drive, Docs, etc.).
- Paid training
- Some flexibility in work schedule
- Can be a fully remote / telecommute position, although local candidates are preferred
- Both part time and full-time employment positions are available. Part-time positions have potential to grow into a full time and even more impactful position.
- Flexibility in job responsibilities: Opportunity to utilize your talents in the areas you most enjoy and excel at.
- Gain satisfaction from and recognition for having a direct impact on client results.
- Be part of a fun and friendly team that has a thirst for collaborative learning and a passion for the craft.
Personality Requirements for the position:
- NEAR PERFECT spelling and grammar skills
- INCREDIBLY detail-oriented
- Reliable, Always completes work on time
- Extremely Analytical, Intellectually curious, Critical thinker
- Ethical, Honest
- Creative problem-solver, Able to “think on your feet” and “outside of the box”
- Natural tendency to proactively suggest solutions as issues arise
- Thorough, Precise, Accurate
- Focused, Dedicated
- Fact-finder, Thirst for learning
- Enthusiastic, Positive attitude, Friendly, Respectful, Excellent listener, Tactful
- Able to take chances and admit mistakes
- Willing to ask when you don’t understand
- Forthright in admitting when you are having difficulty
- Remain calm under pressure
- Adaptability to change, Able to shift gears easily
- Appropriate sense of urgency
- Highly resourceful – able to locate documents and information with little to no direction
- Plays by the rules
To be considered, forward your resume by email to careers at pamannmarketing dot com along with desired pay level and a short blurb on which of our company’s core values you identify with the most and why. To validate your attention to detail, include the word dragonfly in the subject line of the email.
About Pam Ann Marketing
Pam Ann Marketing, LLC provides internet marketing consulting, services, and training to small and medium businesses, very often “business-to-business” organizations, across all industries.
Our MBA-crafted integrated marketing strategies set us far apart from agencies that provide “random acts of marketing.” We do not “throw stuff out there to see what sticks.” We help clients define and optimize their unique “online sales funnel,” and align different marketing tactics to guide website visitors down that funnel until they convert into leads and sales.
We place a laser-tight focus on keeping up with the latest trends in internet marketing, especially with regard to the incredibly rapidly-changing science of SEO (search engine optimization).
Our customized approaches and commitment to staying ahead of the curve provide our clients not only with additional website traffic, but with actual increases in revenue, profits, and efficiency.