SEO Content Strategist & Performance Analyst
(Open as of 7/6/22) Fully remote/virtual/telecommute opportunity for immediate hire of one or more employees, either 1 full-time or multiple part-time people, depending upon skill set.
- This position exists in our organization to expertly execute on work for our clients through the following responsibilities.
- We are willing to bring on individual specialists for each of the below responsibilities and/or have a single specialist cover multiple types of tasks.
- We wish to use each person’s unique skill set in the smartest way possible and do not expect a single specialist to meet ALL of the following requirements.
- When applying, please indicate which position or positions you feel you are best suited for and whether you desire part or full-time employment (both are available). See additional details below for how to apply.
Job ResponsibilitiesGeneral Responsibilities for All Positions
- Play a supporting role in the crafting and implementation of search engine optimization (SEO) strategies
- Learn the decision making, thought process, and preferences of the business owner in order to respond to needs and act for them as needed in the best interest of the company
- Participate in and/or lead client conference calls. Take notes, extract action items from the conversation, and translate those action items into tasks in the project management system
- Accept other delegated tasks as assigned
- Perform keyword research, build lists of targeted key phrases, and assign key phrases to pages and articles. Revise keyword research after client reviews to ensure that all terms reflect the objective of their business & target audiences.
- Identify areas for on-site improvements in site structure, internal linking, and information architecture. Craft content strategies accordingly.
- Proofread content for keyword optimization per our guidelines
- Apply on-page optimization by uploading new content and filling out page titles, meta descriptions, image alt tags, etc.
- Track the progress of implementation of content plans, including the production of blog articles, generation of new website copy, and re-optimization of existing website copy
- Compile monthly report data on traffic & rankings, analyze the results by providing well-researched theories for changes. Provide recommendations for responding to changes where warranted
- Monitor traffic on client accounts, alert SEO team to any unusual patterns, and provide theories on potential causes
- Assist with client relations as it pertains to SEO. Field client questions as received and communicate in other ways as needed in order to maintain and strengthen the relationships with each client
- Act as a client advocate, consistently putting yourself in their shoes and making suggestions to the SEO team about how we can do even better for each client
- Ensure that the strategies produced by the SEO team are executed upon without delay. Suggest creative approaches to any potential roadblocks that would hinder the timely implementation of strategies created when onboarding a new client
- Assist with the new client acquisition process by prequalifying prospects
Skills Requirements for all positions:
- MUST, MUST, MUST be comfortable with and capable of detailed and accurate time tracking
- Intermediate level working knowledge of Excel (can write formulas, create graphs, apply filters, etc.)
- Ability to use data to figure out provable reasons for changes in performance
- Knowledge of the WordPress CMS (basic working knowledge required, advanced knowledge of theme structure and code a plus)
- Intermediate working knowledge of Google Analytics (certification a plus), including the ability to effectively create and use Advanced Segments and Custom Reports
- Tech-savvy and able to learn new software and technologies quickly. Adept at using Google Apps (Drive, Docs, etc.).
Personality Requirements for the position:
- INCREDIBLY detail-oriented, thorough, places a high value on preciseness and accuracy
- STRONG critical thinking skills, natural fact-finder, able to back up all opinions with solid logical explanations and data
- DEEP sense of accountability to do what’s right for the client
- Extremely analytical, loves problem-solving, intellectually curious, loves learning
- Good listener, personable, respectful, patient, ethical/honest
- Dedicated, reliable, and organized
- Focused, yet also able to think on your feet and shift gears easily if needed
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Willing to ask when you don’t understand, yet also able to take chances
- Forthright in admitting when you are having difficulty or have made a mistake
- Ability to remain calm and respectful under pressure
- Likes structure, but also adaptable to change
- Appropriate sense of urgency
- Highly resourceful – able to locate documents and information with little to no direction
- Plays by the rules, yet willing to question them if they don’t make sense
To be considered, forward your resume by email to careers at pamannmarketing dot com along with desired pay level and a short blurb on which of our company’s core values you identify with the most and why. To validate your attention to detail, include the word “mindful” in the subject line of the email.
About Pam Ann Marketing
Pam Ann Marketing, LLC provides SEO, PPC, analytics, and WordPress consulting, services, and training to small and medium businesses, very often “business-to-business” organizations, across all industries.