Google has announced that they will be offering free ad credits to existing advertisers to help them “stay in touch with their customers during this challenging time.” The company has allocated $340 million in free ad credits for small and medium business advertisers.
This is potentially good news for Google Ads advertisers; however, details are extremely vague at this point.
Here’s what we do know:
- The credit will be available to those that have been “active advertisers” since January 1, 2019
- Advertisers must be in compliance with all Google Ads terms and conditions
- Ad credits will expire as of December 31, 2020
- The credits will be able to be used on any type of Google Ads campaign (search, display, YouTube, etc.)
- A credit notification will appear in eligible accounts sometime “in the coming months”
We don’t yet know:
- What amount of credit each advertiser will get
- When they will get it
- Whether or not an interruption in ad delivery between January 1, 2019 and now will disqualify an advertiser
- Whether or not an interruption in policy compliance between January 1, 2019 and now will disqualify an advertiser
- Whether or not an email notification will go out to eligible advertisers, or if they’ll just have to keep checking their account
For now, we will have to await further details, but it may be a good idea to keep an eye on your Google Ads notifications if you are and have been an active advertiser.
If you need any help with your Google Ads account (or your SEO, Google Analytics account, or WordPress website), feel free to reach out to Pam.
Related: How to Use Google Trends to Take the Pulse of Your Industry
Google Trends is always a helpful tool, but now more than ever it’s crucial to know what’s happening to the demand for your products and services.
This quick video will show you how to measure demand in real-time with this free tool.